Wednesday 4 May 2011

my own sanctuary!

Ok, so I’m a total product junkie, I have to at least try the very latest product on the shelves ... an advertisers dream!
Being pregnant has opened my eyes to a whole new world of luxury lotions and potions, specifically designed for our changing (and stretching) skin. To be honest I never knew brands such as mamamio existed, now I’m greedily obsessing over which product to buy.
Being pregnant is a lovely time, people show how much they genuinely care for us and, if we’re lucky, buy us lovely pampering treats. I was lucky enough to have the Sanctuary Mum to be ultimate retreat hatbox given to me as a gift. I’ve been so impressed by it I thought I would give you all a run through and review of the products.

First Impressions
I’m a fan of the Sanctuary Range of bathing goodies anyway, I love the clean lines of the packaging and how lovely they look in my little bathroom. The ultimate retreat hatbox did not disappoint, it is nicely presented in a dark purple, tall ‘hat box’, topped with a white ribbon. So far a real treat to be on the receiving end of this!
The treats included in the box offer a good range of what we are looking for during pregnancy (and after), the set includes:
·         Supple Skin Shower Oil 75ml
·         Collagen Boosting Body Butter 125ml
·         Stretch Mark Oil 75ml
·         Soft Skin Bath Soak 75g
·         Eye Mask
Each of the products are a good size, not miniature but not full size, which I think is a good thing -  your skin goes through so many changes and new sensitivities during pregnancy, many larger products would end up unused on the shelf!

The main event
Note: I have had the set for around 4 weeks now so each of the products have been thoroughly tried and tested!
The first product I excitedly used was the Soft Skin Bath Soak, I can’t speak for other women but the amount of time I spend wallowing in the bath these days has dramatically gone up, this was the obvious first choice! The soak is a consistency similar to bath salts and contains ingredients to soften the skin and loosen muscles while essential oils and natural extracts are used to help you relax.  This is a lovely product and really does help to relax you, I find that you need to use quite a lot in each go (I have a massive bath) and would prefer to keep these for those entirely indulgent bath times. Personally I love the smell of this and all the other products, rich without being to heavy and feminine without being sickly, however I know many pregnant women encounter aversions to certain smells so as with most products out there I would recommend a quick sniff before you buy/try. If I’m being totally honest I’m more of a bubble bath fan, however as I progress through my pregnancy I’m sure I’ll be wanting more relaxation from my baths – I will definitely give this another go at a later stage.
The bath is usually followed by slathering on moisturiser, any moisturiser! Step forward Collagen Boosting Body Butter. This has the same lovely scent as the bath soak and is an excellent consistency, it’s a rich cream but soaks in beautifully, my skin always feels well moisturised without that heavy greasy feeling. It also soaks in quite quickly which means that you haven’t got ages to wait before getting dressed/jumping into bed. I love this product, it lasts really well and even when using every day it still feels like a treat. I’ll certainly be buying more when this tub is finished.
I’m a shower fiend; I could spend ages in there! If I’m totally honest I prefer them to baths. I was really looking forward to trying the supple skin shower oil. This has the same luscious scent of the other products and promises to nourish your skin while showering. This is the only product of the bunch that I have to say I’m disappointed with, not because it doesn’t deliver but simply because I don’t think that it has been thought through. It is well documented that during pregnancy we experience some level of disturbance to our balance, pair that with an oil to cleanse skin in the shower ... which when rinsed ends up in the bottom of the tray causing a very slippy shower. I’m not a fan, not because of the product but because I’m scared I’ll topple over because of it ... I have nearly a full bottle in the shower. I think it could be used in the bath for cleansing, but I also don’t fancy the idea of cleaning up after it! Not for me I’m afraid!!
I’ve not used the eye mask (yet) so I’ve kept my absolute favourite of the bunch for the last ... the stretch mark oil. Now I’m not kidding myself that applying the oil daily will remove all possibility of my tummy looking like a map of the underground, I know that they are mostly down to skin type and inheritance ... I’ve had some before from losing (and gaining) weight so I know the chances are that I will get some anyway. I just love this product, I don’t restrict it to my tummy and apply to my arms and legs in the morning, a tiny amount really goes a long way. It’s also especially nice to massage gently into the bump, something of a morning ritual for the pair of us now! It has the same lovely smell as the rest of the products, if a little lighter, and soaks in really quickly with hardly any residue. I think this is something I will continue to use long after the baby arrives.

Overall
All of the products are lovely and there are some I will continue to buy and use way beyond the gift set runs out. I would definitely recommend this either as a treat for yourself or if you are considering buying a gift for a (very lucky) pregnant lady.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment