Friday 6 May 2011

bugaboo and missoni collaboration

I have to say, normally I'm not a fan of designer label collaborations with pushchair/pram companies ... actually with most baby products come to think of it. The end results normally come off looking totally impractical or ... cheap (Cath Kidston and Maclaren always springs to mind). That was until now ... Italian fashion house missoni have teamed up with bugaboo to ensure the pushchairs 'earn their fashion stripes'. What is even better is the new pieces aren't being released as limited edition pushchair packages, rather tailored fabric options that can be snapped on to standard bugaboos! And each set comes with a knitted blanket in missoni's famous zig zag stripe ... lovely!



Prices haven't been confirmed yet (gulp!) but pieces will be available from Harrods in June and other selected retailers from July.

Now, I haven't gone down the bugaboo route ... there are loads of them around and to be honest I couldn't justify the cost (who knew there was so much to buy for a new baby!). I do love the bright colours of the missoni collections though and I thought I'd have a look to see how I could add a flavour of the collaboration to my pushchair at (what I'm sure will be) a fraction of the price!


My favourite missoni inspired accessory is this beautiful multi coloured zig zag blanket from etsy. A bargain at (approximately) £15.61 plus postage. This looks like one of those blankets that will get better and better with age and the more it is washed. Also it is a lovely neutral blanket so is a great gift for any team lemon families!



I also love this gift pack from The Organic Baby Company, it contains a romper, hat, bandanna bib and blanket, and comes in chocolate (pictured), duck egg and purple, at £49 it is a little expensive but when you factor in how much the individual items would be I think it's a good price ... and again a really great gift! Pieces are sold individually and range from £7.40 to £24.32.



Mu mum has kindly knitted us a bright stripey blanket, if you can knit (or crochet for that matter) or know anyone who can this is a great way to create something really special for your baby. There are loads of striped and zig zag knitting patterns out there (including this one from knit culture) and the best thing is you get to choose the colours! If like us you prefer bright colours then there are plenty to choose from, but also if you would prefer to stick to pastels then you can! I haven't knitted for years but I'm going to get my mum to give me a refresher ... I think it would be a lovely way to relax and create in those last few weeks!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment