Tuesday 31 May 2011

25 weeks!

Bank holidays really mess me up! I'm a day behind my weekly update post ... so I'm 25 +1 (25 weeks and 1 day) into my pregnancy, and what a week!

The baby is continuing to move around and the movements seem to be getting stronger and stronger, if my hand or arm is resting on my bump when it kicks my arm will move with the movement. On the down side, I seem to have heartburn on a daily basis at the moment, I have to carry heartburn remedy with me at all times.

We've been continuing our little experiment of reading to the baby each night, I read that it's a great way to bond and it is possible that the baby recognises the story (or at least the rhythm) outside of the womb. We've chosen big dog little dog as it's a book we both had when we were little, the night time story continues to get a great reaction and it's lovely to feel and see the baby move to the sound of hubby's voice.

Last week we finally got round to using our Christmas present from my dad and stepmum of a dinner, bed and breakfast at the lovely Slaley Hall. It was fantastic! The hotel is lovely, the area beautiful and the service was great. It was so nice just to have a change of scenery and spend some time together as a couple ... we did try to stay away from too much baby conversation but we're so excited it just creeps in!

On sunday we went to one of the NCT's nearly new sales in Durham, I've heard about them from a few people and thought it would be worth a look. It was great! A bit like a feeding frenzy at times with people clambering to get the bargains but we joined in! As the name suggests the sale is for nearly new items, used or not wanted items for babies and children, many of the items were still in their packaging! There was a great rage of toys, clothes and larger items such as travel systems. Given that we have most of the larger stuff we focused on toys and items for the nursery and came away with what can only be described as a haul ... for £15! The next one in the area is on the 16th October ... I have to say I'll be the first in line!

Then on bank holiday monday, we did what most brits do ... DIY! Yes the flooring in the nursery is done and as I type the hubby is painting over the patchwork wall of paint samples and doing the first coat on the ceiling. We have some time booked in to get the rest done over the next week.

I think we'll need another night at Slaley to recover!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment