Sunday 22 May 2011

nursery inspiration

I love interior design and looking on the internet for inspiration is how I have spent a lot of my time over the years, I have to say that is how many of the ideas for our renovation have come about! As such, I've long been a fan of apartment therapy and their family lifestyle blog ohdeedoh. Their kids room tours are where I go for ideas for the nursery that span beyond beige and cutesy. These are some of my favourites ...



As you can see I'm not shy of colour but I like to offset a strong colour against a neutral or white, strong walls white furniture etc. I also love the way that these rooms have included standard (I mean not designed specifically for a nursery) furniture which will grow with the child! Lots of these rooms feature furniture design classics or pieces from my favourite ikea (future design classics) which goes to show you can make the nursery an extension of the style found in the rest of your home!

We'll be getting some of the key from ikea, I know some people turn their noses up at it but personally I love it - I love how clean and simple the pieces are ... and ultimately I treat them like I would a basic dress ... it's all about the accessories!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment