Monday 23 May 2011

24 weeks!

Today I am 24 weeks through my pregnancy! This is a really important milestone during pregnancy as from this stage forward, should your baby be born early the chances of survival are much higher, thanks to the medical advances that have been made.

I think this is a milestone that I have had in my head for such a long time that the past week seemed to take forever ... not without new and exciting experiences mind!! I mentioned last week that the babies movements and kicks seem to be getting stronger, this week was no exception, I'm also getting more and more kicks towards my bladder (especially during the night) and up towards the ribs, this is one active baby. They are also more noticeable on the outside too, one night while I was in the bath my hubby looked on in amazement as the babies kicks could be seen clearly as my bump moved.

I'm also craving everything sweet, and while I've been doing my best to have a banana or some other fruit, sometimes only chocolate will do. As such, I've been turning to low calorie hot chocolate made with milk ... this way I'm satisfying the craving while remaining relatively good ... and getting some calcium intake to help those little legs grow even stronger! On the topic of hot chocolate, I love this picture from pineapplebun's photostream on flickr, almost too cute to drink (almost!).



Sorry if this is too much information, but the painful boobs made a come back this week. I think I may be in for another growth spurt so more underwear shopping for me. This time I think I'll purchase the maternity come cursing bras that will come in handy after the little one arrives.

I officially have a stretch mark, to the left of my belly button. I'm massaging the sanctuary stretch mark oil in twice a day to try to prevent any of it's friends appearing ... I think I'm fighting a losing battle with that one!

Some sources cite the 24 week milestone as the start of the third trimester, going by developmental stages rather than dates. I thought I would do the same and post what I would class as my second trimester essentials later in the week.

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment