Tuesday 16 August 2011

36 weeks!

Well, 36 weeks +1, I'm getting terrible for posting on the actual day! Never mind ... only 4 weeks until my EDD.

At the end of this week the baby will be classed as full term, meaning everything should have developed properly and the baby could come any day. This is something that my body has been kindly reminding me of throughout the past week as the intensity of the braxton hicks became much stronger, to the point where I nearly contacted the hospital for advice on Friday, thankfully they eased off. I've read that this is quite common at this stage, as the baby gets itself ready and assumes position and the uterus drops this increases the pressure on the cervix. Not even resting seems to take the edge off so I have to pay attention to the timings (just to make sure its not the real thing) and wait while they go ...

I've been making the most of my time off, attempting to be a domestic goddess and visiting friends. Last week I was so lucky to spend two days with two fab babies ... lets me get a sneak peek into the future. I also got to spend some time with my mum, just me and her, which is something we don't get to do that often and might not in the near future - it was lovely, I just hope I'm half as good at being a mum as she is!

Me and the hubby have also been making the most of our last few weeks together as a twosome, having cosy nights in (he's even done quite a bit of the cooking) and of course going on our dates! On Sunday we took an impromptu trip to Newcastle and amazingly stayed away from most of the clothes shops, instead we did things that we don't normally do, like looking round the fab foodie stalls that were in the city centre, I spent ages looking at the gourmet cupcakes (sweet, satisfying and glittery ... what's not to like?!) and the hubby did the same with the artisan breads. In the end we came away with goodies from each! The funny thing was on the way home we both talked excitedly about how great it will be when we can take the little one along to things like that.

Over the past week, I have noticed that I am starting to get tired easier, the simplest things seem to require an enormous amount of energy. At the end of the day even climbing the stairs seems like a chore! I can't imagine what it feels like to go to 42 weeks (although I may find out), it must be exhausting! This paired with the fact that I'm not sleeping well means that I nap throughout the day, seriously I seem to get more sleep in between the hubby leaves to go to work and lunch than I do all night! It seems that this is just one of those things, I think I better start loading the bedside table with good reading material ...

I had a midwife appointment today, the baby is still 4/5ths engaged so no progress there despite the amount of braxton hicks and pressure I have been feeling. The midwife also thinks that the baby is now back to back, there is still time for the little one to move but I'm going to increase the amount of optimum birth position exercises I do just to help things along, after all they can't hurt! Other than that everything is fine so fingers crossed the little one manages to move again in time for the big day.



This is a picture of my fabulously glittery jammy dodger cupcake, part demolished! Afternoon tea and a day at the beach planned this week ...

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment