Sunday 19 June 2011

28 weeks!

I've been a little quieter than usual the past week - not down to anything pregnancy related but due to computer issues ... I'm sorry if there is a flood of posts over the next few days as a result!

Tomorrow I am 28 weeks through my pregnancy, another week has been and gone and I can't quite believe it. However, cheesecake update ... I have resisted for a whole week! Lets make it two!!

Over the past week I have been really hectic at work, meeting after meeting followed by deadline upon deadline. Its so easy to get consumed in all of this and forget to look after yourself. One of the things that I can stay in control of is what I eat. I make a real effort to prepare our lunches for work each day at home, that way even if I can't have a proper break to eat it in I know I'm getting the right nutrients. Generally lunch this week has consisted of salad with new potatoes and some protein - tuna (within the recommended limits), hard boiled eggs and carved ham are all favourites! I also take plenty of fruit and a yoghurt to make sure I have something healthy to munch on when I feel peckish ... it helps me stay away from the mountains of chocolate biscuits in the office too. I'm paying particular attention to what I eat from this point onwards, as this is the stage where the baby lays down most of it's fat stores and I would rather they come from 'good' fats rather than, well, cheesecake!

We attended our first antenatal class on Tuesday which was much better than I thought it would be. It's great to be surrounded by people who are in the same situation as you (all of our class are expecting their first baby) and it's nice to know that the majority of them have the same burning questions as you ... mainly about labour and the birth! I'm really looking forward to our next session which takes us to the next stage, once the baby arrives. When pregnant I think you spend so much time focusing on that line in the sand (the birth) that you almost can't see past it to your life beyond, I'm really looking forward to learning the basics like how to wash a baby and how to change a nappy.

Apart from work and antenatal classes I think the majority of my time this week has been spent in the bath, wallowing in a mass of bubbles (I have so many bubble baths at the minute I've given up on luxury brands and stocked up on supermarket's own bubble bath - more bubbles the better). I think it's really important to relax while you can and claw back some me time. It's also great if you are starting to get an achy back, taking the pressure off and relaxing he muscles nicely.

I've also been finding that the heat is starting to get to me! I'm all set up with a desk fan at work and a large fan in our bedroom. I'm not complaining too much though, I still think we should make the most of good weather here while we have it (unlike today which requires head to toe waterproof gear!).

Happy fathers day ... I'm looking forward to next year when me and the little one can spoil the hubby rotten.
Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment