Monday 6 June 2011

26 weeks!

Not meaning to sound cliche ... but time really is flying! 40 weeks sounds like such a long time but I can't actually believe where the time has gone, just 14 weeks left to my EDD.

I really wanted to get the nursery 'sorted' while I was still able to help, so we have taken some time off to get the bulk of it done. We've done really well with the majority of it now completed/assembled ... ahead of schedule! More of that to come later ...

We've had some lovely weather over the past few days, decorating while pregnant in the heat is not a good idea! It's been plenty of iced water and cool showers for me, thankfully I haven't had to leave the house much so I've been living in the hubby's t-shirts and loose trousers.

We went on a little trip to pick up our latest bargain buy today too ... I really wanted to get a baby swing but the ones I liked just seemed too much for something that the baby might not settle in and therefore not get used. The hubby's love of eBay was reignited after our trip to the NCT nearly new sale and he found this little beauty for £20!

It's hardly been used and is in immaculate condition! Hubby gets extra brownie points for that one ...

This week my tummy has been particularly itchy as the skin is stretching over my bump (could also be to do with the heat) as such I've been slathering on my sanctuary body butter to keep it hydrated and smelling delish!

The little one is certainly a wriggler - I've noticed it more on sunny days. Apparently at this stage when it is sunny or you are near a bright light they turn towards it ...

I'm off to go and look at the beautiful nursery now (I just can't stop!) :)

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment