Monday 13 June 2011

27 weeks!

Today I'm 27 weeks into my pregnancy and all of a sudden I feel huge! The bump seems to have had a growth spurt in the last 7 days, and the baby is certainly enjoying the space while he/she is small enough for a good wriggle and kick.

Last week was certainly an interesting one! We continued our work in the nursery which is as complete as it can be at this stage, I still haven't got a mattress for the cot and I want this to be the last thing to go in ... it's not officially done until this bit is complete so if there are any old wives tales about getting the nursery done I think I might have a loophole!

Last week I welcomed the dreaded pregnancy mood swings, one minute completely irrational in ikea when an item wasn't in stock (when the online stock checker was saying 24 items) the next I'm fine again ... although I do have to say that they picked a perfect day to send me a customer satisfaction survey! Maybe I wasn't completely fine ...



Later in the week, while food shopping I also found myself in floods of tears over frozen yoghurt, thankfully amongst the drama I did manage to pick some up (Ben and Jerry's Phish Food YUM!!) which made everything better when I got back home! I can laugh about it now but I have to say the mood swings are strange, it's almost like I should be wearing a 'warning - pregnant and hormonal' disclaimer sign when walking around! I feel like I have no control at times ... if this coninues I may have to apply the SUMO (shut up and move on) method to most situations I find myself in!

I've also been getting leg cramps in the night, these apparently are quite common and can be caused by a lack of potassium, you should see the size of the bunch of bananas that I picked up at the supermarket in a bid to prevent the dreaded cramps.

Aside from the bananas, the healthy eating seems to have taken a back burner as my newly found sweet tooth is strengthening. Fruit does help and I've tried low cal alternatives (I've already mentioned the hot chocolate in a previous post and of course the frozen yoghur above) but my latest obsession is cheesecake ... I'm trying to go through week 27 without giving in to the temptation, I've filled the fridge with strawberries and grapes, have some sugar free jelly and have bought some chocolate orange options as a last resort. I am strong, I can do it!

I'm also going to make more of an effort to get some exercise into my daily routine, today I went for a walk at lunch which was really nice to get out of the office, have some fresh air and see some greenery. Tomorrow I plan to do the same, who knows I may even dust off the wii fit!

13 weeks to my EDD ... blimey!
Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment