Sunday 10 July 2011

sun, sea and stretch marks ...

I know I've mentioned before that I keep fantasising about a summer holiday, somewhere warm and a nice place to relax ... then I think about what warm means and the fact that I haven't been coping too well with the warmer weather we've had here in blighty.


Anyhoo ... if I was to go on holiday there is some great summer maternity clothing out there so I thought I would bring a collection together of items I would pack for this fantasy summer holiday, just for fun!


So I'm thinking of stretches of lovely white sandy beaches with the odd pair of sun loungers here and there, a perfect place to relax and catch up on some reading.


Maternity Beach




Shirt, tankini, sunglasses and nail varnish from Topshop. Mascara from Benefit - there is a reason why this is a classic. Sandals from Dorothy Perkins and Bag from River Island. I've made sure to include my essentials in there too - the bible (as it is known when pregnant) what to expect when you are expecting, factor 50 sun protection and a big bottle of water.


I'd like to go somewhere historic, preferably with plenty of sightseeing opportunities.


summer maternity2


Dress, hat and earrings from Topshop (as above). Bag and shoes from ASOS. I love easy to use, practical products. The last time we were away we bought some sport sun protection in an aerosol. It's so easy to apply and transport, feels really light when you put it on, and because it's designed for sports withstands those 'glowing' moments. As I seem to melt in the heat I've also included two great products - water face mist to cool down and the long lasting NARS multiple, to make sure you are camera ready.


One thing I love about being away is the lovely fresh food. I'm imagining a small restaurant by a harbour at night, with plenty of outdoor seating.


maternity summer1


Top, earrings, bag and sandals from Topshop (as above). Sunglasses and palazzo pants from Dorothy Perkins (as above). Bangle from River Island (as above). I love the nude and muted colours that are in all the shops at the moment, but being me I have to bring in some shots of colour. This time it's coral, introduced through the shoes and earrings and continued through the makeup. It's a lovely strong colour and works really well with a tan. I always like to treat myself to a new scent when we go away - preferably on the way there and then I wear it while away which means when you get back to reality the smell transports you back on holiday (for a brief moment) - this year it has to be Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. It is so light and refreshing, and more importantly my heightened sense of smell still loves it!


What a lovely fantasy holiday. The reality is, when not at work or out and about I'm far more comfortable in a pair of lounge pants and an oversized t-shirt. I'm using a gradual tanner to get that sin kissed look (garnier summer body is the best for my ridiculously pale skin) and have filled the house (and office) with fans to ensure there is always a breeze! Oh well, there is always next year ...


Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment