Wednesday 20 July 2011

32 weeks!

I'm playing catch up a little this week so you'll have to bear with me! I'm late posting this week because we were at the cinema on the Sunday, I was being transformed on Monday (I'm now a brunette) and I went out for dinner for phase 1 of my leaving do from work last night.

On Monday I was officially 32 weeks through my pregnancy, or entering my 33rd week however you prefer to count.

I had my midwife appointment on Tuesday, which was interesting, on my records it showed that I had been prescribed iron as my levels from the previous blood tests were borderline low ... however someone had failed to tell me! Everything else in the appointment was fine, I told her about my unscheduled trip to the ante natal department and she reiterated what had been said there regarding the change of position and the SPD. I also picked up my prescription for iron supplements on my way out and have been taking them since to combat the tiredness associated with lower iron levels.

After the previous week, and the issues around my SPD I have to say I have been a lot more comfortable, as the baby has changed position my bump is sitting quiet a bit lower, I'm not going to say it's dropped as I still think that is a way off. This has meant that simple thinks like moving around and sitting at my desk have become a lot easier, not that they were impossible before it's just I've noticed a great improvement in how comfortable I am ... plus I'm not getting short of breath (again I hadn't really noticed this until the baby changed positions but its much better now!). I've also enforced a 'no long meetings' rule at work which is really helping me, at least I don't have to dread sitting in stuffy meeting rooms with torture devices for chairs for hours on end. Plus, I've also been able to get on with the long list of things I need to get done or handed over before I leave - which is next Friday!

I think getting through one list of to do's has also got me starting another, me and the hubby are making an effort to go on a date a week before the baby arrives, something I don't think we'll have a lot of time for in the first few months. This week we went to see the final Harry Potter film at the cinema ... a heavily pregnant lady in a darkened room normally means one thing - sleep! but I managed to stay awake thoughout and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love going to the cinema with hubby, we went to see a film on our first date and it always brings back lovely memories.

The braxton hicks contractions have well and truly kicked in, and while I could think of a million ways to describe them painless is not one word that I would use! For me, they are worse on a morning and during the day, when I'm resting or during the evening they don't seem to bother me as much. I'm drinking plenty of water and resting as much as I can when they come - apparently this helps. Uncomfortable as they are I think it's fascinating the way in which your body prepares for the pending arrival!

Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment