Tuesday 12 April 2011

team colours

Next Monday is the date for my anomaly (20 week) scan, something I'm really excited about but also a little apprehensive. This is where they look at your baby in great detail to make sure that they are developing properly and check for any abnormalities, it is also where you get to find out (if you want) the sex of your baby.

Now there are two sides to this, and very good reasons for both. Some couples prefer to not find out, to keep it more of a surprise, and some are eager to find out the sex, some say it helps them bond more or feel more prepared for their new arrival. We have friends that have done both. It really is such a personal decision and one that I think you need to make together if you are part of a couple. Us ... we're team lemon.



That is, we have decided not to find out the sex of our baby. I always thought that I would 'have to know' what flavour I was having in order to feel prepared, I'm a control freak and like to plan everything beyond limitation. However, when it came down to it I didn't want to know, the most important thing to both of us is that the baby is healthy and happy.

I'm also discovering that there are some things that you just can't control, or plan ... thankfully this discovery is taking place well in advance of the birth!

What about your plans? Any thoughts?
Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment