Sunday 10 April 2011

bump not frump

Maternity clothes are notorious for being ... well boring. However, with so many high street shops jumping on the yummy mummy bandwagon, and so many celeb pregnancies, I thought finding fashionable clothes to see me through these 9 months, at a reasonable price would be easy ...


First impressions weren't great - there are only so many 'does my bump look big in this' and 'hands off' t-shirts that a girl can take ... thank goodness for the internet, where style, comfort and expanding waistbands are plentiful.


I thought I would do a regular feature on maternity style, to show you what I've been wearing and when.


The outfit below is all based around the jeans, a bargain at £15 from the dorothy perkins sale and something that should see me through nicely. While you may think it's a little early for over the bump waistbands I couldn't disagree more ... not much to look at but sooooo comfy, especially when in the car! I've been leaning towards muted colours as I get used to my expanding middle but brightening everything up with fab accessories - I love the coral shades that are in all of the shops at the moment. I've been wearing this outfit at the weekend - perfect for browsing the shops or a nice walk in the sun.

Mat1


Also, my skin seems to have settled down after the early stage breakouts so I'm making the most of my new glow with a gradual self tanner and an all in one lip and cheek gloss, all topped of with lashings of mascara - maybelline one by one at the moment although the brush takes some getting used to (have to admit I prefer the falsies).

Cx.

No comments:

Post a Comment